Announcements : Passport Day
Announcement: Passport Day
Event Date: 02/16/2018
Apply for your passport on campus on 2/16/18. Click here for the important information you need to know.The United States Post Office (USPS) in Plattsburgh is hosting a Passport Day on Friday, February 16th from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Alumni Room, Angell College Center. This opportunity to apply for a passport is open to students, faculty, and staff, along with any friends or family of the Plattsburgh community.
The USPS staff has requested that anyone planning to attend please RSVP so that they may send the appropriate number of staff in order to reduce wait times. Those that do not RSVP will be accommodated as soon as possible, but the wait time may be longer. To RSVP please call the USPS Plattsburgh office at (518) 563-1450.
- Those applying for the first time will need to bring a completed (but not signed) passport application DS-11, proof of citizenship (original birth certificate), photo ID (such as driver’s license), front and back photocopy of your proof of citizenship and ID, as well as checks or money orders to pay fees ($110 passport fee and $25 processing fee for passport book). The Global Education Office (Kehoe 210) has form DS-11 available at the front desk. You can also get it online at: www.travel.state.gov.
- Attached you will also find a Vital Records List.pdf by state for those that need to access their original birth certificate.
- USPS will take passport photos during your appointment for a $15 fee. If you bring your own photos, please be sure they meet the requirements online at www.travel.state.gov.
- Those seeking to RENEW a passport may have their documentation reviewed and photos taken (for the $15 fee) on the 16th, but will still need to visit the local post office or shipping carrier to mail the documents. Please note that renewals require form DS-82, which is available at www.travel.state.gov.
- Questions should be directed to the USPS Plattsburgh office at (518) 563-1450.